Language and Communication Skills
Communication skills enhance a student’s profile and hence the institution plays a key role in creating a conversant atmosphere among students. The strategies employed are listed below:
Annual English workshop training
- Every year, students of UG and PG programme are provided interactive workshop cum training sessions through IQAC.
- The language teachers train the students towards lingual skills.
- Competitions organized develop the students’ language skills.
- Training in language labs instils clarity and error free learning.
Digital-Enabled Language Learning Centres
A dedicated space for language learning for students to access audio or audio-visual materials is available for both English and Tamil.
- To enable students to speak languages (English and Tamil) with focus on stress and intonation.
- To enable the students to overcome inhibition and communicate with confidence.
- To impart phonetic skills which improve clarity in pronunciation.
- Language labs for both English and Tamil facilitate enjoyable self-learning among students
- English lab comprises PCs with in-built software assisting the students in LSRW (Listening, speaking, reading and writing) skills in English.
- These labs offer one to one platform for learning error free language articulation.