The Academic Council is solely responsible for all academic matters such as framing of academic-policy, approval of courses, regulations and syllabi, etc.The council involves faculty at all levels and also experts from outside, including representative of the university.
The composition of the Academic council is given below :
- The Principal (Chairperson)
- Controller of Examinations
- All the heads of departments and second senior members of postgraduate departments.
- Four teachers of the college representing different categories of teaching staff.
- Not less than four experts from outside the college representing areas such as Industry, Commerce, Law, Education, Medicine, Engineering, etc.
nominated by the Governing Body.
- Three University nominees
- A faculty member nominated by the Principal (Member Secretary)