Board of Studies
The Board of studies is the basic constituent of the academic system of an autonomous college. Its functions include framing the syllabi for various courses, reviewing and updating syllabi from time to time, introducing new courses of study, determining details of continuous assessment, recommending panels of examiners under the semester system , etc.
The composition of the board of studies is given below:
- Head of the department concerned (Chairperson)
- Other members of the department
- Two experts in the subject from outside the college nominated by the Academic Council
- One expert to be nominated by the Vice - Chancellor from a panel of six members recommended by the college Principal.
- One post-graduate meritorious alumnus nominated by the Principal
- One Student Representative UG and one from PG