DBT STAR College Scheme for Strengthening of UG Science
The STAR College Scheme was initiated by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India to support colleges and universities to foster critical thinking and ‘hands-on’ experimentation in undergraduate fundamental science courses.
Sri Sarada College for Women (Autonomous), Salem was selected under this scheme with department’s sanction order BT/HRD/11/022/2020 dated 07.08.2020 amounted to
Rs. 63.00 lakhs.
Participating Departments : Botany, Zoology & Mathematics
Grant received for the financial year 2020-21:
||Amount in Lakhs
The objectives of the DBT Star College scheme are as follows:
- To strengthen the academic and physical infrastructure for achieving excellence in teaching and training
- To enhance the quality of the learning and teaching process to stimulate original thinking through ‘hands–on’ exposure to experimental work and participation in summer schools
- To provide better library facility to students and teachers
- To promote networking and strengthen ties with neighbouring institutions and other laboratories
- To conduct specialized training programmes for faculty improvement for optimizing technical capabilities
- To increase capabilities of core instrumentation resources by procuring new equipment and upgrading existing facilities
- To provide access and exposure to students to research laboratories and industries in the country