The library caters to the needs of the students. The library shall be open on all working days from 6.30 a.m to 8.00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday 9.30 a.m to 1.00 p.m. All students, teachers, clerical staff and other officials of the college are entitled to use the library. At present,the library houses about 78, 839 books, 30 journals and 49 periodicals with an extensive reference material for the benefit of students to appear for competitive examinations. 'Earn while you learn' scheme is adopted in the working of the library. The library has a book bank to help the needy students. Each P.G. department has its own departmental library.
The Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Home Science and Computer Science have spacious laboratories with upto date equipments / instruments necessary to conduct under-graduate and post-graduate practicals. Post-graduate departments of Physics and Chemistry have sophisticated equipments like ultrasonic interferometer, laser unit, polarograph, UV spectro photometer, microwave kit, etc. The departments of Botany and Zoolgy have various kinds of microscopes, digital colerimeter, camera lucida, etc.
The Home Science department has separate labs.
- Food science and Nutrition lab
- Textile and clothing lab
- Physiology and Microbiology lab
- Biochemistry lab
The Computer Science laboratory has 137 systems, 31 printers and 2 scanners. It has networked with Windows server and Novel Netware environment. To realize the uses of the internet, students are allowed to access the internet along with the practical hours. The college also has a general Computer Centre for the use of non - computer science students and teachers.
New computer science lab to house 80 computers has been established from the funds of UGC under the Infrastructure Grant.
In the Computer Center, Staff and students can avail the internet facility from 8.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on all working days. Faculty can make use of the internet facility during their leisure time (except during scheduled lab hours for M.Sc. (Mathematics) and M.Com.) free of cost. Students can make use of the internet facility from 8.00 to 9.15 a.m. and 5.15 to 6.15 p.m. on all days (except Sundays). It has 46 computers.
The college provides accommodation for students coming from places outside city limits and a good vegetarian mess is provided for them. Students are expected to reside in the college hostel unless they live with their parents or proper guardians and they are not permitted to stay in any other hostel. If accommodation in the hostel is required, a separate application is to be given to the Principal in the prescribed form available in the college office on payment of Rs.25/-.
The hostel has 217 spacious and well-ventilated rooms with tube lights and fans to accommodate 600 students. The Principal is the warden and there are five superintendents to extend motherly care and concern to the residents.
- The square-shaped hostel building with central verandah ensures greater safety for inmates.
- There is 24 hours perennial drinking water supply with a central water heating system for hot water. There are 3 open wells and 2 bore wells to provide continuous water supply.
- A store is provided for the students to purchase their stationery requirements.
- There is a neat kitchen with modern facilities.
- Two very spacious and ever neat dining halls serve nearly 800 inmates to dine at a time.
- Highly nutritious vegetarian food is prepared with great care and hygiene.
- Aqua Guard system is installed to provide germ - free drinking water.
- There is a hospital with a doctor and a nurse inside the campus to cater to the medical needs.
- Generators are provided to meet power cut.